What is the difference between comfort, contentment, and complacency? Are you too comfortable in life? Do you feel contentment even when you aren’t achieving everything you want? Have you become complacent in your work, job, business, marriage, fitness, or other area of life?
In this episode of Using Your Power, David Andrew Wiebe and Maveen Kaura discuss the difference between comfort, contentment, and complacency, and offer a needed perspective into the extremes we sometimes live in.
Podcast Highlights: Comfort, Contentment and Complacency
- 00:41 – What’s going on?
- 01:46 – Comfort, contentment, complacency
- 03:06 – Comfort as a temporary joy
- 11:11 – Comfort, fear and self-talk
- 16:20 – Contentment
- 24:05 – Frustration
- 25:23 – Complacency
- 31:31 – Ego of complacency
- 35:35 – Desire
- 37:11 – Security in words and getting out of your comfort zone
- 41:22 – Being satisfied in life
- 43:36 – Do you need more in life?
- 47:30 – Emulating the success of others
- 51:44 – I already make enough money
- 54:31 – What makes you stay in your comfort zone
- 58:50 – Having everything you want in life
- 1:08:05 – Final thoughts and outro